Monday 23 April 2012

Eye contact and expression

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
I managed to find what I thought was a very expressive face for the eye contact and expression exercise. I had already established a rapport with him; by being friends and this undoubtedly helped with the portrait session. Through photographing this subject I found I favoured to ‘watch and capture a naturally-occurring expression’ rather than ‘work hard to encourage it’- Michael Freeman, Photography 1, People and Place, page 20. Because his face was so expressive and because we already had a relationship I got the expressions I wanted (both looking at and away from the camera) quite easily. I conversed with him while taking the photographs and got him to read some notes I had made, which got a reaction. Nevertheless I was quite surprised to see how many variations there were in his expressions. For example when he was reading (or trying to read) some of my handwriting, his expressions changed rapidly and differently, all just from starting to smile.



14.
13.
17.
15.
16.
18.
19.

20.


















No comments:

Post a Comment